The terms ‘Nuna’ or ‘we’ or ‘us’ refer to the operator of this website whose registered address is:
Nuna Baby Essentials, Inc.
70 Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Morgantown, PA 19543
How We Collect Information From You
We may collect information about you from various sources in three primary ways:
- You Give Us Information: We collect information from you when you submit it to us through our website.
- We Collect Information Automatically: We automatically collect certain types of information when you visit our website or purchase our products. For example, we automatically collect internet or other electronic network activity information when you use our website as otherwise described in this Policy.
- We Collect Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from outside sources. For example, we may obtain commercially available information about you from third parties, such as e-mail lists from third parties for advertising and marketing purposes or contact and commercial information when you purchase our products through our third party retail partners. We may also receive information from third parties who provide services for us through cookies and other technologies as otherwise discussed in this Policy.
What We Collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information about consumers in the last 12 months and may collect them about you:
- Personal Identifiers, including your name and contact information;
- Categories of personal information related to California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80);
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including the following:
- Date and time;
- Operating system of device in use;
- Geolocation Data; and
- Inferences such as your preferences and interests for use in creating a consumer profile.
In addition to the above-mentioned data, when you use our website, cookies and so called HTML5 storage objects may be placed on your computer’s hard drive to the extent of your consent given via the cookie-banner, which is displayed when visiting our website. Cookies and storage objects are small files that provide certain information to us and certain third parties. Cookies serve the purpose of making our website services function, more user friendly, more effective, tailored to your needs, and help us analyze website usage, etc.
How Long Do We Store Personal Information?
Your personal information is deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected. However, if necessary, we may continue to store your data until retention periods and deadlines expire, set by the legislator or supervisory authorities. These range up to ten (10) years. We may also retain your data until the statutory limitation periods have expired, if this is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. After that, the relevant data is routinely deleted.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Personal Information Transferred To Third Parties
Based on the purposes detailed in the above section “What We Do With The Information We Gather,” your information may be passed on to the following categories of recipients:
- Nuna Baby Essentials Inc. with their seat in 70 Thousand Oaks Blvd., Morgantown, Pennsylvania, United States of America, and their group affiliated companies;
- service providers, e.g. for the provision and hosting of the website;
- state authorities, agencies and bodies, e.g. based on entry requirements or police activities and investigations.
Personal information may be transmitted, stored, or processed by the above third parties, who may be located in countries outside of the EU/the EEA. For your protection and the protection of your personal information, appropriate safeguards are provided for such data transmissions as per and in accordance with legal requirements. If there is no specific legal framework for such transmissions or such transmissions are carried out to a country for which the EU Commission has not issued an adequacy decision, we incorporate EU standard contractual clauses to safeguard your personal information. By submitting your personal information, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties and in particular, we do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to the following categories of third parties and service providers:
|Categories of Third Parties and Service Providers
|Categories of Personal Information
Vendors who may need access to your personal information to help us provide our e-Commerce services to you.
Third Party Product Providers, with whom we work to bring you a range of quality and reliable products and services designed to meet the needs of the new parents.
Payment gateways, processors, and entities who provide identity and purchase verification to protect you and Nuna from fraud.
Entities who provide labeling and shipping services to help us deliver the products you may order.
Entities who provide us with e-mail address management, audience creation, and communication contact services.
Analytics and personalization platforms.
Consultants advising us on our business practices.
Third Party Product Providers we work in association with:
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information to our third party vendors, agents, subcontractors and other associated organizations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party vendors, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond Nuna network for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
We may analyze your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
Links To Other Websites
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Consumer Rights
If you are a resident of California, the CCPA grants you the following specific rights regarding your personal information. In order to exercise the rights, you must submit a verified consumer request, which we will then verify. Generally, in order to verify your requests, we will compare the personal information we have about you to pieces of personal information we will request in the course of processing your request. The personal information required for verification may include your name, email address, phone number, and the date of your last purchase from us. We will deliver a response to you within 45 days of receiving the verifiable consumer request.
Right to Know
You have the right to submit a verifiable consumer request that we disclose the following to you in a readily useable format covering the 12-month period preceding your request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources of the personal information we have collected about you.
- The business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12-months.
Verifiable consumer requests to know may be submitted through one of the following methods:
- Call us toll-free at 1-888-304-1007; or
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org entitled “CCPA Request”
A consumer may submit a request to know and receive a response twice within a 12-month period.
Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from you. However, we are not required to comply with a request to delete, if it is necessary for us to retain the personal information in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with legal obligations.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Verifiable consumer requests to delete may be submitted through one of the following methods:
- Call us toll-free at 1-888-304-1007; or
- Send us an email at email@example.com entitled “CCPA Request”
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right to be free from discrimination when you exercise your consumer rights under the CCPA, including by:
- Denying you goods or services.
- Charging you a different price or rate for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Providing you a different level of quality of goods or services.
- Suggesting that you may receive a different rate for goods or services or a difference level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, offer you financial incentives for the collection, sale or deletion of personal information. We may also offer you a different price, rate, level or quality of goods or services if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your data.
Under the CCPA, you may appoint an authorized agent to submit requests to know or to delete on your behalf. Should you choose to do so, for your and our protection, we will require you to verify your identity directly with us and directly confirm that you have provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. We note, should your authorized agent fail to submit proof that they have been authorized to act on your behalf, we will deny their request.
16 Or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 years or under, please have your parent’s / guardian’s permission before providing us with your personal information.
At Nuna we maintain administrative, physical and technical procedures to protect information stored in our servers and environments. Access to information is limited, through unique account credentials, to those employees who require it to perform their job functions. We use industry-standard Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process, sign-in information and data transmitted to Nuna. We store and process data in accordance with industry leading practices, and in accordance with security compliance requirements such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) where applicable. This includes appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to secure data from unauthorized access, disclosure and use. We conduct periodic risk assessments and remediate any identified security vulnerabilities in a timely manner. Although we strive to protect your personal information, no environment can be fully secure, and therefore any information you transmit to us is done so at your own risk, as we cannot guarantee that the information is fully protected. That being said, once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
This Policy was last updated on December 1, 2020.